1.27.18

Sigh...all this.
Feels like a kaleidoscope of emotions today.
Here and there and everywhere.
Life. Movement. Concerns. Family. Friends.
This is coming up in a real way.
Tomorrow morning I'm going to get a Cosco membership so I can buy snacks in bulk.
If you'd have to told me I'd have a Cosco membership in my lifetime a few months ago I would have laughed.
Went back to the trail yesterday...
Drove up north and sat in a Trader Joe's parking lot and looked on the Alltrails app for the closest hike.
Wound my way behind St. John's college and started walking and ended up on the summit of a mountain just south of the Sangria Del Christos. An easy 6 miler. I'm getting used to this.
I called my mom near the top since I was still getting reception.
Things are moving moving forward...by 'things' I mean cell counts. Every day a little more. As long as those numbers go up I feel relief.
I feel like my life has been turned into something else because of this.
The perspectives one has when reality hits on this level are pretty profound.
What matters...and what definitely doesn't.
I cruised back down through the city lights and back into the highway. Talking to myself as usual.
I felt good. Strong. I charged up the last mile of the trail and didn't feel winded in the least.
The flu is gone. Still coughing up strange things but generally healed.
I've gone over price lists and I think I'll be ok.
Most of the gear has been bought. A few odds and ends.
I'll try to stay away from town food and town things and just rely on the drops I need.
It seems crazier by the day.
This is a five month journey.
At the same time I grow restless. Grow tired of my job. Of the same things over and over.
My mind is in different place most of the time.
And I wonder who I'll be after this.
If I'll say "well, that's that" and return to normal life...or if I'll be unable to return to 'normal' at all. I doubt it. 
Part of the entire music trajectory was about travel...about movement.
Just movement.
I'll get it any way I can.
If it's a combination of all these things, even better.






Comments

Popular Posts