9-01-17

-First Doepfer VCO on my doorstep. 9u 104hp system. These is is going to be a slow build. Maybe till the end of the year. Bought a used power supply. Still waiting on Eurorack mounts. Built the case and drilled some large holes in the back and put a super dark finish on it. Fun stuff.
-Wandering through antique mall down the street. Picked up another old tape recorder. The last three work until I bring them home. This one looked like it'd never been used. Not a scratch.
-Website went live yesterday. I don't know why it's taken 10 years to make one of these. Wordpress is fairly straight-forward.
-Updated meta-data via digital distributor. I've changed art for the last release once already but nothing stuck till I started looking at old Bauhaus design on Pinterest a few months ago. I like saying more with less generally.
-Still trying to refine direction for new album. Folders are full of pictures, articles, sounds, things that mean something one day and nothing the next. But it's important to stay active.
-There's a radio frequency sweeper out of a (German?) University that lets you scan all over the globe in real time. Incredible what I've heard. Lots of Morse. Ghost stations and garbled pop from Malaysia. Even illusive number stations from time to time.
-Midi is going via one of the Juno. I love how analog synths respond to general effects inside or outside the box. These are mostly arppegiations but simple FX light them up.  In 198? Dave Smith invented Midi. Or is that right? Either way...still waiting to see how it talks to the Prophet.
-Every day is some kind of experiment that starts one way and ends another way. That's the way it's supposed to go I guess.
-Jasmine is no longer 86'd from the studio...but not allowed to fur everywhere when I'm not working.
-Yes. American Spirits are like two cigarettes in one. Yes. They go well with french presses.
-I have found "You or Someone Like You" wanting...but not wanting much. There were learning curves involved. A different studio situation altogether...well, three actually. In three different states. Mastered in London ages ago by a very patient fellow. I think it's flat in parts because of the monitoring I was using. No one else hears it so...good.
-These are just 'catching up notes' today. I wouldn't read into them. They're more for me to keep track of things sometimes. I'm terrible when it comes to staying on top the 'data' but writing has a way of making things linear for a moment. "Taking stock" sort of feeling to all of it.
-Most of our sources and machine are in order. Some are acting up but not in a way that makes them unusable. There an ancient Crumar that hums no matter what. It was taken from the basement of the University some time ago. But it has a wonderful warm haunted feel already. I'm using it no matter what.
-I love not being involved in other projects at the moment. I'm best when I'm just allowed to be tactical in my own way. I still have time on my hands occasionally. Hiking wherever there's pine trees. Trains are also a good way to go. (And you)
-Had thoughts on the Tower of Babel today but no one to express them to.
-I hope the rains aren't over.



Comments

Popular Posts