9-19-17

                          "You're meddling with powers you can't possibly comprehend".

Mother 32>Doepfer dual VCO>Erica Polivoks clone>back to Mother 32. A good day to just mess around. L-1 VCA en route. Midi runs. Clock bugs. Will address. I don't see sending from DAW very often honestly. Moog circuitry. It's real. Palette expansion is not always advantageous. Modulars are just another instrument. External in is going to be fun. The rest is always ad-hoc. Things I find to bang n tap n smash together. No idea what's going to happen day to day in general. The JX and I are on good terms lately. The whole buttons vs knobs for parameters in the 80s. I'm used to it. Poly61 is the same but I've been favoring the roundness of older Roland gear right now. Thus far completely guitar-free. The old Gretsch bass has gotten a little use...but it's very here and there. Fills in when all else fails usually. Mmmm. I had to actually sleep in the studio when plumbers showed up at 8:30 am this morning. A lot of hammering and drilling. So...im tired. Moog was dropped off around 10:00 am. I waited for them to finish up and started mounting things. Figured I'd save some power slots and mount the external power and 1/4" out on inside of the case. So 6u left on the top row...which has taken me about a month to fill. I'm figuring it'll take me right up to 2018. I still do research as far as the sounds I tend to like and which esoteric module might fit the bill but sometimes it's just sounds. I'm still amazed what you can turn existing sounds into. That's the fun of it. There's a cave down there with different gates on different entrances...modulars are just like having a key to one of the gates...but they all meet somewhere. Down down down where the treasure waits.

Comments

Popular Posts